In my elementary practicum, I have:
- Created a visual reference tool designed to enhance ELL students’ use of the school library.
- Planned and taught first grade information resource lessons on critical thinking, inquiry research, and note taking.
- Reviewed and evaluated the folk and fairy tale collection for de-selection. Prepared a list of new recommendations.
- Developed a lesson and Instructed students, in collaboration with a fourth grade teacher, on the use of search functions in the library catalog, and the use of simple keywords in the World Book kids database.
- Planned and taught a lesson on how to create a graphic organizer using the Web 2.0 tool Wordle.net.
- Taught alphabetizing lesson to first graders.
- Promoted and taught respect for books in the library to a kindergarten class.
- Evaluated and developed strategies for the use of iPads in lesson support.
- Designed and created curriculum resource brochure for use of iPad Apps by history teachers.